RED BULL DOODLE ART NEW ZEALAND
Competition Rules and Conditions of Entry
1. These Competition Rules and Conditions of Entry constitute the entire agreement between Red Bull New Zealand Pty Ltd (the Promoter) and the competitor (the Participant) (Agreement) in relation to participation in the Red Bull Doodle Art New Zealand Promotion (Promotion).
2. The Promotion will be held between 17 September and 12 October 2012 at University of Auckland, Auckland University of Technology (AUT), Unitec Institute of Technology, Massey University Wellington, Victoria University of Wellington and University of Canterbury.
3. By entering the Promotion, the Participant is deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions. Participants must acknowledge that such acceptance is a condition precedent to participating in the Promotion.
4. In consideration of the Promoter accepting the Participant’s entry and allowing them to compete and/or participate in the Promotion, along with the Participant’s chance to win the Promotion prizes, the Participant must fully and unconditionally agree, acknowledge and accept these Competition Rules and Conditions of Entry.
5. Participation in the Promotion is deemed to be an acceptance of these Competition Rules and Conditions of Entry. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Competition Rules and Conditions of Entry at any time without prior notice.
6. The Promotion will be conducted at the locations set out below:
(1) The University of Auckland City Campus 22 Princes Street, Auckland 1142;
(2) AUT, City Campus, Building WA - level 2, 55 Wellesley Street East, Auckland Central 1010;
(3) Unitec, Institute of Technology 139 Carrington Road Waterview 1020;
(4) Massey University Wellington, Wallace Street, Mt Cook Wellington 6021;
(5) Victoria University of Wellington,19 Kelburn Parade, Wellington 6012, Rutherford House Level 5/23 Lambton Quay, Pipitea 6011 and 139 Vivian Street, Wellington 6011; and
(6) University of Canterbury University Drive, Ilam Christchurch 8041.
Each Promotion at each university will constitute an event (Event).
7. The Promotion will be conducted on the following dates:
(1) 17 September to 28 September 2012 - Red Bull Doodle Cards distributed at Promotion locations and collection boxes available at Promotion Locations (Promotion and Collection Period).
(2) During the week commencing 1 October 2012 - the top forty (40) Doodles of each event (Grand Finalists) will be displayed in Pop-Up galleries set up at each of the Promotion Locations for student voting (Gallery and Judging Period).
(3) 8 October 2012 – Official Judges decide on the winning three (3) Doodles for each of the events.
(4) During the week of the 8 October 2012 – the Grand Finalists’ Doodle Cards from each Event will be exhibited. Locations to be confirmed. Winners will be announced (Grand Final).
8. Entry to the Promotion is only open to enrolled students at University of Auckland, AUT, Unitec Institute of Technology, Massey University Wellington, Victoria University Wellington and University of Canterbury.
9. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, or agencies or companies associated with the conduct of this Promotion, are ineligible to enter.
10. To enter, Participants must obtain an A5 Doodle Card (Doodle Card) in class or from the Promoter’s staff at a Promotion Location and create their own Doodle on the back of the Doodle Card. Each Doodle must:
(1) be a Participant’s own original work;
(2) be created by hand and not by a computer or other electronic based program;
(3) be submitted on official Doodle Cards to the collection box at the Promotion Location; and
(4) contain the Participants details including either and email address or phone number in order for the Promoter to contact the Participant in relation to the Competition,
to be eligible for entry into the Promotion.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Competition Rules and Conditions of Entry, or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Incomplete or incorrect entries will be deemed invalid.
12. The Promotion will be run as follows:
(1) During the Promotion and Collection Period, Participants should obtain, complete and submit Doodle cards to the official collection box at each Promotion Location.
(2) During the Gallery and Judging Period, eligible entries selected by the Promoter will be displayed in the Red Bull Doodle Art Gallery at each Promotion Location and students will be able to vote for their favourite Doodle (Student Votes). During this period, Participants will also be scored by judges appointed by the Promoter (Judges). If a Participant has entered the Promotion more than once, only one of their Doodle Cards may be displayed. During the Student Votes, each student may only vote once.
(3) At the end of the Gallery and Judging Period, forty (40) Grand Finalists will be announced from each Event.
(4) The Major Prize Winner for each Event will win a Red Bull Baby Cooler wrapped in their winning Doodle Card, a canvas replication print of their Doodle Card and one (1) year’s supply of Red Bull Energy Drink (Major Prize). Second place and the student voted winning Doodle (for each region) will each be awarded a case of Red Bull Energy Drink plus a canvas replication print of their Doodle Art (Minor Prize).
(5) The Doodle Cards created by the Grand Finalists will be displayed at local University locations (TBC), at a function, to which all Grand Finalists will be invited and the overall winner of each Event will be announced (Major Prize Winners).
(6) The Participant whose Doodle Card is determined by the Judges as the best of the Grand Finalists entries for each Event will be deemed the Major Prize Winner.
13. The Promoter may disqualify any participant that does not comply with these Competition Rules and Conditions of Entry.
14. Each Major Prize is valued at up to NZ one thousand dollars ($1000). Each Minor Prize is valued at up to NZ two hundred dollars ($200).
15. Total prize value is up to NZ six thousand dollars ($6000).
16. The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail price(s) at the date of printing these Competition Rules and Conditions of Entry. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date. The prizes (including any unused portion) cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. The Promoter retains the right to substitute the prizes with prizes of equal or greater value (including where the prizes are unavailable). The prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied.
17. The Promoter’s decision in all matters relating to the Promotion is final, and no correspondence will be entered into, including in the event of a dispute.
18. The Promotion is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the Winner.
19. It is a condition of entry into the Promotion that all participants sign a release of liability (Participant’s Consent and Waiver Form).
20. All entries in the Promotion and all intellectual property invested in the Doodle Cards become the property of the Promoter (Promotion Intellectual Property) once provided to the Promoter. The Winner agrees to participate in any news media activities surrounding the Promotion. It is a condition of entry that Participants agree that their image and/or voice, and likeness may be recorded, photographed or filmed during the Promotion (including but not limited to as part of the Promotion) (Images). The Promotion Intellectual Property and the Images may be broadcast or published by the Promoter or its related entities worldwide in any media, including but not limited to television, radio, internet, newspapers, magazines, or any other advertising, marketing or publicity purposes in connection with the Promotion or any future event in perpetuity and throughout the world without additional compensation or further consent being obtained. Participants consent to any use of the Promotion Intellectual Property in a way which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1994.
21. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, the Promoter reserves the right in its discretion to modify the terms of the Promotion including the prizes and these Competition Rules and Conditions of Entry.
22. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting any prize is the responsibility of the Grand Finalists and Winner.
23. The Promoter, in their absolute discretion, at all times reserve the right to:
(1) prevent any Participant from participating in the Promotion if, at any time, they reasonably believe that the Participant poses a safety risk or for any other reason, including but not limited to, acting in a manner which is likely to bring the Promoter into disrepute, or is likely to cause harm to participants, the Promoter’s employees, contractors or volunteers, or any other third party;
(2) change the format of the Promotion for any reason including but not limited to weather, number of entries, time constraints or any unforeseen incidents; and
(3) cancel the Promotion if it sees fit. If the Promotion is varied for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter it may not be rescheduled and no compensation will be offered.
24. Without in anyway limiting any other provision in these Competition Rules and Conditions of Entry, and except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter and Event organisers (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
(1) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(2) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(3) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(4) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Competition Rules and Conditions of Entry;
(5) if the Promotion is cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(6) any tax liability incurred by a Winner or Participant;
(7) participation in the Promotion; or
(8) use of, or participation in the prize.
25. If any act or omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Competition Rules and Conditions of Entry, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
27. These Competition Rules and Conditions of Entry are governed by the laws of New Zealand.
28. The Promoter is Red Bull New Zealand Ltd of 13 Hargreaves St, College Hill, Auckland New Zealand.