Are you Aotearoa’s next amplified talent?
May is NZ music month and to celebrate the lyrical ingenuity of our home-grown musical produce, Red Bull Sound Vault meets Music Planet is on the search for the next big thing.
Red Bull Sound Vault meets Music Planet wants your band; you could be in with the chance to win 24 hours recording time in the Red Bull Studio and a Music Planet full setup including P.A system, mics, amps and drumkit. This could be the big break your band is looking for!
If you’re aged between 15 & 25 and have a band that deserves to be heard then email your biography and photo to email@example.com by May 11th. Once your profile is live on www.redbullstudio.co.nz voting is open and it’s up to your music to speak for itself, your band has to harness the voice of your fans to get you to the top by voting for you until May 26th at www.facebook.com/musicplanet.co.nz
The top band with the most votes by 31st May wins flights, accommodation and transport to the Red Bull Studio, 24 hours recording time as well as the Music Planet full setup.
Once you’re in Sound Vault the clock is ticking and you have to make every second count to make your single, EP or whatever you want before your 24 hours is up and the vault doors close.
Voting open from May 11th at www.facebook.com/musicplanet.co.nz
Red Bull Sound Vault meets Musicplanet Competition Terms and Conditions 2012.Red Bull Sound Vault meets Musicplanet Competition Terms and Conditions 2012.
The joint ‘Promoter’ is Musicplanet and Red Bull New Zealand Limited’
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
(a) Musicplanet employees, Red Bull employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families
(b) All people under the age of 15 years, or above 25 years on May 1st 2012.
1. These Promotion or Competition Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to all Musicplanet and Red Bull New Zealand Limited Promotions or Competitions (collectively ‘the Promotion’) conducted. The Rules may change from time to time.
2. If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms those specific rules or terms will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
3. Unless otherwise stated in the abovementioned specific rules or terms, registration, entry or vote is limited to 1 per band.
4. Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules
5. The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
6. Musicplanet and Red Bull New Zealand Limited reserve the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
7. Musicplanet and Red Bull New Zealand limited reserve the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who Musicplanet or Red Bull New Zealand Limited decides (at our sole discretion) has violated the Rules, failed to complete full their band registration, gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
8. By participating, Entrants grant to Musicplanet and Red Bull New Zealand Limited the right to make audio and/or audio-visual recordings of the entire Studio session; the Performances; and/or record an interview with Artist in connection with the Performances (together the “Recordings”). Artist grants to Musicplanet and Red Bull New Zealand Limited – to the extent such rights are held by artist - the non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free and perpetual right and licence (but not the obligation) to use, broadcast, distribute, transmit, stream, display, or otherwise make the audio and/or audio visual Recordings (including the underlying Musical Compositions) available to the public by any and all means, in all formats and in any and all media. Artist acknowledges and accepts that Musicplanet and Red Bull New Zealand Limited shall be entitled to edit and modify the Recordings.
However, Musicplanet and Red Bull New Zealand Limited agrees never to use the Recordings (either audio or audio-visual) for any above-the-line advertising the purpose of which is solely the direct promotion of Musicplanet or Red Bull products.
9. All entrant personal details must be valid and up to date and will be held by Musicplanet and Red Bull New Zealand limited and may be used for the purpose of the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing in relation to the Red Bull Sound Vault meets Music Planet Promotion.
10. When submitting entry via email, the telephone number from which the entry was made will be stored in a database. The participant has a two-business-day period from the time of entry to request removal from the database. If no request is made it is deemed acceptance that the information can be used at the discretion of Musicplanet and/or any other company associated with the Promotion.
11. Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
12 The Promotion is open to all people residing in New Zealand for the term of the promotion and aged between 15 years, and 25 years on May 1st 2012 only.
(13) The promotion commences at 1am on Tuesday 1st of May 2012 and finishes at 11:59pm on Thursday 31st May 2012 (The promotion period).
(14) The Winner or (‘Individuals comprising the winning band deemed as a single recipient’)
Agrees to make themselves available for reasonable promotional and publicity purposes
Winning the Prize
15. Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (‘the Winner’). It is understood this person is the sole entrant and winner on behalf of any group or band they have entered. (‘Individuals comprising the winning band deemed as a single recipient’), all aspects of the prize will be awarded only once and not individually to each member of a band.
16. The competition closes 11:59pm on the 31st May 2012. The Winner (‘or individuals comprising the winning band deemed as a single recipient’) will be notified on Monday 4th June by 5pm by email, phone (voice or text) or mail and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by Musicplanet and Red Bull New Zealand Limited. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail, e.g. when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned) the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit.
17. None of the prize elements are redeemable for cash or transferable and no correspondence will be entered into. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the prize specified in the Promotion becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value. Where the prize incorporates air travel, unless otherwise specified the air travel is economy class. Where the prize incorporates accommodation and transfers, unless otherwise specified the accommodation and transfers will be selected at the discretion of Red Bull New Zealand Limited.
18. The Winner (‘or individuals comprising the winning band deemed as a single recipient’) takes the prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Musicplanet and Red Bull New Zealand Limited in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner (‘or individuals comprising the winning band deemed as a single recipient’) is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
19. The Musicplanet band prize pack will include a PA (including 2 powered speakers, a mixing console, one microphone, and all related cables), 2 x Guitar Amps (at Musicplanets discretion of artist needs), 1 x bass amp (at Musicplanets discretion of artist’s needs, and one Drum Kit (Musicplanets brand discretion). The decision on what gear will be made by Musicplanet and decision is final and non-negotiable.
20. The Red Bull Sound Vault prize will include one customized Red Bull CMV100 Cooler, twelve x twenty-four unit 250ml cases of Red Bull over twelve consecutive months, twenty-four hours recording in the Red Bull Studio, Auckland, New Zealand with the Red Bull Studio resident audio Engineer, the twenty-four hours will be available in the form of two consecutive twelve hour days. In the event that the Winner (‘or individuals comprising the winning band deemed as a single recipient’) reside permanently outside of Auckland city, Red Bull New Zealand limited will book and pay for return domestic airfares as a group reservation from nearest main airport to Auckland for Winner (‘or individuals comprising the winning band deemed as a single recipient’) and two consecutive nights’ accommodation at Sky City Hotel Auckland and transfers to and from Airport and Red Bull Studio, 13 Hargreaves Street, Auckland, New Zealand. Red Bull New Zealand limited will not be held liable for any costs incurred by the Winner (‘or individuals comprising the winning band deemed as a single recipient’) while they are participating in the Red Bull Sound Vault recording session.
21. Musicplanet and Red Bull New Zealand Limited reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
22. Musicplanet and Red Bull New Zealand Limited take no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, inadvertent disconnection, Acts of God or otherwise.
23. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.