Picasso did it in Math class, Warhol in Accounting...now is your chance to show your DOODLE to the masses and win a years supply of Red Bull!
Bored? Distracted? Need an Escape? Doodle cards will be coming to a lecture theatre or classroom near you - simply flip them over and start doodling your best work of art using pens, pencils, highlighters or whatever you can get your hands on!
Then submit your doodle to one of the drop-boxes by Friday the 30th of September or to our Wings Teams that will be based on your campus and be in to win a personalised Red Bull Cooler, a canvas replica of your original doodle and a years supply of Red Bull!
Locations of Doodles Cards and Drop boxes from Monday 19 Sept - Friday 30 September:
Auckland Uni: The Hangar, AUSA Student Services, HSB Cafe, Main Cafe
AUT: Juice On Campus, AUSM Student Services, WF Business Bldg Level 1
Massey: Tussock Bar
Victoria: Illot Cafe, Student Union Building, Te Aro School of Architecture & Design
Following collection, selected doodles will be displayed in pop-up galleries on campus for your viewing.
Wednesday 5 October: Top Doodles displayed at Auckland Uni in Musgrove Studio windows (Main Auckland Quad)
Thursday 6 October: Top Doodles displayed in AUT Art & Design Exhibition Window, St Pauls Street
Thursday 13 October: The best 40 Doodles + guests will be chosen and invited to a very special evening of drinks and nibbles at the Hangar Cafe in Aucklnad University Here the winning three doodles will be announced.
Wednesday 5 October: Top Doodles displayed in Victoria University Student Union Building
Thursday 6 October: Top Doodles displayed in Massey University at Engine Room
Wednesday 12 October: The best 40 Doodles + guests will be chosen and invited to a very special evening of drinks and nibbles at the Creative Spaces Lounge and Bar - TBC. Here the winning three doodles will be announced.
Prizes for winning doodles at Auckland and Wellington events:
GRAND PRIZE - A personal Red Bull Cooler branded with your winning doodle and filled with Red Bull for a year! Plus, a canvas recreation of the artwork for your wall at home.
SECOND PRIZE - A case of Red Bull Energy Drink plus a canvas replication print of their Doodle Art
THE STUDENT VOTED WINNING DOODLE - A case of Red Bull Energy Drink plus a canvas replication print of their Doodle Art
COMPETIION RULES AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. These Competition Rules and Conditions of Entry constitute the entire agreement between Red Bull
New Zealand Pty Ltd (the Promoter) and the competitor (the Participant) (Agreement) in relation to
participation in the Red Bull Doodle Art New Zealand Promotion (Promotion).
2. The Promotion will be held between 19 September and 13 October 2011 at University of Auckland,
Auckland University of Technology (AUT), Massey University Wellington and Victoria University of
3. By entering the Promotion, the Participant is deemed to have read and accepted these terms and
conditions. Participants must acknowledge that such acceptance is a condition precedent to participating in
4. In consideration of the Promoter accepting the Participant’s entry and allowing them to compete and/or
participate in the Promotion, along with the Participant’s chance to win the Promotion prizes, the Participant
must fully and unconditionally agree, acknowledge and accept these Competition Rules and Conditions of
5. Participation in the Promotion is deemed to be an acceptance of these Competition Rules and Conditions
of Entry. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Competition Rules and Conditions of Entry at any
time without prior notice.
(1) The University of Auckland City Campus 22 Princes Street, Auckland 1142;
(2) AUT, City Campus, Building WA - level 2, 55 Wellesley Street East, Auckland Central 1010;
(3) Massey University Wellington, Wallace Street, Mt Cook Wellington 6021; and
(4) Victoria University of Wellington,19 Kelburn Parade, Wellington 6012, Rutherford House Level 5/23
Lambton Quay, Pipitea 6011 and 139 Vivian Street, Wellington 6011.
Each of the events held in Auckland will constitute one event (the Auckland Event) and each of the
events held in Wellington (the Wellington Event) will constitute a second event. The locations are each a
(1) 19 September to 20 September 2011 - Red Bull Doodle Cards distributed at Promotion locations and
collection boxes available at Promotion Locations (Promotion and Collection Period)
(2) During the week commencing 3 October 2011, the top forty (40) Doodles in the Auckland Event and
the Wellington Event (80 Doodles in total) (Grand Finalists) will be displayed in Pop-Up galleries set
up at each of the Promotion Locations (TBC) for student voting (Gallery and Judging Period)
(3) 7 October 2011 – Official Judges decide on the winning three (3) Doodles for the Auckland Event and
the Wellington Event.
(4) 13 October 2011 – the Grand Finalists’ Doodle Cards from each Event will be exhibited. Locations to
be confirmed. Winners will be announced (Grand Final).
8. Entry to the Promotion is only open to enrolled students at The University of Auckland, AUT, Massey
University Wellington and Victoria University Wellington.
9. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, or agencies or companies associated with the
conduct of this Promotion, are ineligible to enter.
10. To enter, Participants must obtain an A5 Doodle Card (Doodle Card) in class or from the Promoter’s staff
at a Promotion Location and create their own Doodle on the back of the Doodle Card. Each Doodle must:
(2) be created by hand and not by a computer or other electronic based program;
(3) be submitted on official Doodle Cards to the collection box at the Promotion Location; and
(4) contain the Participants details including either and email address or phone number in order for the
Promoter to contact the Participant in relation to the Competition,
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an
entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not
in accordance with these Competition Rules and Conditions of Entry or who tampers with the entry process.
Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Incomplete or incorrect entries will be deemed invalid.
(1) During the Promotion and Collection Period, Participants should obtain, complete and submit Doodle
cards to the official collection box at each Promotion Location.
(2) During the Gallery and Judging Period, eligible entries selected by the Promoter will be displayed
in the Red Bull Doodle Art Gallery at each Promotion Location and students will be able to vote for
their favourite Doodle (Student Votes). During this period, Participants will also be scored by judges
appointed by the Promoter (Judges). If a Participant has entered the Promotion more than once, only
one of their Doodle Cards may be displayed. During the Student Votes, each student may only vote
(3) At the end of the Gallery and Judging Period, 40 Grand Finalists will be announced from each of the
Auckland Event and Wellington Event.
(4) The Major Prize Winner for each Event will win a Red Bull Baby Cooler wrapped in their winning
Doodle Card, a canvas replication print of their Doodle Card and one (1) year’s supply of Red Bull
Energy Drink (Major Prize). Second place and the student voted winning Doodle (for each region) will
each be awarded a case of Red Bull Energy Drink plus a canvas replication print of their Doodle Art
(5) The Doodle Cards created by the Grand Finalists will be displayed at Red Bull’s Auckland HQ and
a Wellington Location (TBC), at a function, to which all Grand Finalists will be invited and the overall
winner of each Event will be announced (Major Prize Winners).
(6) The Participant whose Doodle Card determined by the Judges as the best of the Grand Finalists
entries for each Event will be deemed the Major Prize Winner.
13. The Promoter may disqualify any participant that does not comply with these Competition Rules and
Conditions of Entry.
14. The Major Prize is valued at up to NZ$1000. Each Minor Prize is valued at up to NZ$200.
16. The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail price(s) at the date of printing
these Competition Rules and Conditions of Entry. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation
in the value of the prizes after that date. The prizes (including any unused portion) cannot be transferred,
exchanged or redeemed for cash. The Promoter retains the right to substitute the prizes with prizes of
equal or greater value (including where the prizes are unavailable). The prizes must be taken as offered
and cannot be varied.
17. The Promoter’s decision in all matters relating to the Promotion is final, and no correspondence will be
entered into, including in the event of a dispute.
18. The Promotion is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the Winner.
19. It is a condition of entry into the Promotion that all participants sign a release of liability (Participant’s
Consent and Waiver Form).
20. All entries in the Promotion and all intellectual property invested in the Doodle Cards become the property
of the Promoter (Promotion Intellectual Property) once provided to the Promoter. The Winner agrees
to participate in any news media activities surrounding the Promotion. It is a condition of entry that
Participants agree that their image and/or voice, and likeness may be recorded, photographed or filmed
during the Promotion (including but not limited to as part of the Promotion) (Images). The Promotion
Intellectual Property and the Images may be broadcast or published by the Promoter or its related entities
worldwide in any media, including but not limited to television, radio, internet, newspapers, magazines, or
any other advertising, marketing or publicity purposes in connection with the Promotion or any future event
in perpetuity and throughout the world without additional compensation or further consent being obtained.
Participants consent to any use of the Promotion Intellectual Property in a way which may otherwise
infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1994.